Gadsden County Celebrates Women's History Month
GADSDEN COUNTY, FL- - The Gadsden County Board of County Commissioners issued the following statement in recognition of Women’s History Month.
“Please join us this month as we take the time to celebrate strong women who have made Gadsden County stronger by their contributions. Women’s History Month is an opportunity for us to reflect on and recognize the leadership, courage, and tenacity of the generations of women who have paved the way for women in our community.
“As we reflect on the women who have had a lasting positive impact in our County this month, let us thank our public officials who serve our County in leadership positions and celebrate their achievements.
“This month we honor,
Gadsden County Board of County Commissioners
- Commissioner Brenda Holt, District 4. Commissioner Holt currently serves as the chairwoman of the board. She was also the first woman elected to the Gadsden County Board of County Commission.
- Georgette Daniels currently serves as the assistant county administrator. Daniels is the first woman to serve as assistant county administrator.
- Dee Jackson is a former county administrator. Jackson was the first woman to serve as county administrator.
- Gadsden County Judge Kathy Garner. Judge Garner was the first black person and woman to be elected as the County Judge.
- 2nd Judicial Circuit Judge Tiffany Baker. Judge Baker is the first woman from Gadsden County to be elected as a circuit judge.
- Shirley Knight currently serves as the Gadsden County Supervisor of Elections. Knight was the first black person and woman to be elected Supervisor of Elections.
- Sen. Loranne Ausley currently serves as the Florida Senator for District 3, of which Gadsden County is one of the 11 counties she represents at the Capitol.
Current Local Women Elected Officials
Chattahoochee City Council
- Mayor Pro Tem Ann Richardson, City Council District 1.
- City Council District 3 member Amy Glass.
- City Council At-Large member Ann Williams.
Greensboro Town Council
- Town Council member Libby Henderson
- Town Council member Erin Schaefer
Gretna City Commission
- Mayor Pro Tem Evelyn Riley Goldwire
Havana Town Council
- Town Council member Janice L. Har
- Town Council member Warkeen Jordan
- Town Council member Jennifer Stone
Midway City Council
- Mayor Ella Dickey
- City Council District 3 member Nandryka Albert
Quincy City Commission
- Mayor Pro Tem Angela Sapp
- City Commission District 4 member Freida Bass-Prieto
Gadsden County School Board
- School Board member District 1 Cathy S. Johnson
- School Board member District 5 Karema Dudley
“Today, countless Gadsden County women from every corner of the community, every industry, and every walk of life are showing their power and enriching our County by leading, standing up, speaking out, and demanding their voices be heard. They are our history, and we are proud of them.”
# # #