Monies Still Available for Gadsden CARES Residents Assistance Program Apply Today
Apply for Gadsden Cares Residents Assistance Program Today
The Gadsden County Board of Commissioners has allocated $1.4 million to establish the Gadsden Residents Assistance Grant program. This grant program provides up to $6,000 in funding to Gadsden county residents that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. This overview will provide basic information on eligibility, use of funds, the application process, and expectations of the program.
- Household 5 or less—Up to $4,000
- Household 6 or more- Up to $6,000
- Eligible Expenses: Rent, Mortgage, and/or Utilities
- Applications will be accepted beginning Wednesday, September 2, @ 8:00 a.m.
- We recommend submitting applications digitally, but paper applications will also be available at theCounty Administration Building, 9 E Jefferson St. Quincy, Florida 32353, weekdays from 9:00 a.m. until4:00 p.m. Applications will not be received via regular or express mail.
- The Online Application is available on the County’s website through its COVID-19 portal and must be completed in its entirety to be considered for award.
- There is no application fee.
- Applications will be reviewed by third party reviewers using objective scoring criteria to recommend which grants are funded. The review process will take into consideration the following factors:
- Negative impacts from COVID-19, including declines in income and cash reserves.
- Total number of full-time household residents.
- Residents that have applied and accepted/received, or are still waiting to receive, COVID-relatedgrants or loans (i.e., Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), PACOVID-19 Working Capital Access (CWCA), or PA Unemployment Assistance (PUA).
- The County will be processing applications and awarding grants on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted or until November 28, 2020.
- Due to anticipated demand, there is no guarantee of funding even if all criteria is met. Awards are first qualified, first serve.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must reside in Gadsden County.
- Pay rent, mortgage, or utilities for their primary residence in Gadsden County.
- The applicant or one other individual in the household has lost job or experienced a reduction in hours at work, or revenue due to COVID-19 (Adult with COVID-19 impact must be the applicant).
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent legal resident (Adult applying for the assistance must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent legal resident).
How can the funds be used?
Funds can be used to cover past due rent, past due mortgage payments or past due utility bills due to the COVID-19 disruption. The County will require applicants to outline what the award will be used for. Examples of usage include:
- Past Due Rent
- Past Due Mortgage
- Past Due Utilities
What documents should I start to gather?
- To prepare for the application release, interested applicants should begin to gather the following documents:
- Photo I.D. for the applicant (e.g., U.S. Government issued driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Proof of the number of individuals residing in the household (through photo ID or other documentation).
- Provide the last 5 digits of the Social Security Card for the applicant, or a document from a government entity or verifiable institution that includes social security number (Applicant can redact the provided documentation to only include the last 5 digits).
- Proof of past due rent, mortgage, or utility payments.
- Provide attestation that request is valid and truthful.
- Documentation showing a loss of income (only one is required), such as:
- Employer notice or statement of reduced hours, furlough, or layoff due to COVID-19.
- Two pay stubs that show a reduction in income, one (1) 2020 paystub to show pay prior to March 27, 2020, and one (1) paystub to show a reduction in pay since March 27, 2020.
- Unemployment letter showing award of re-employment assistance or other information related to COVID-19.
- Any other official document, IRS filing, DOR Sales tax report that shows a reduction of income related to COVID-19.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact information in your question.