Monies Still Available for Gadsden CARES Small Business Assistance Grant Apply Today
Apply for Gadsden Cares Small Business Assistance Grant
The Gadsden County Board of Commissioners has allocated $1.2 million to establish the Gadsden Small Business Assistance Grant program. This grant program provides up to $7,500 in funding to Gadsden County’s small businesses and sole proprietors that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. This overview will provide basic information on eligibility, use of funds, the application process, and expectations of the program. Grant Overview
- Businesses with 1-15 FTE – $7,500
- Businesses with 16-24 FTE – $15,000
- Landlords with Delinquencies – $5,000
- Home-based or GIG Business – $2,000
- Businesses with 25-50 FTE – $25,000 (second tier if funding remains)
- Eligible Expenses: Rent, Mortgage, Utilities, Payroll, other expenses related to COVID 19
- Applications will be accepted beginning Wednesday, September 2, @ 8:00 a.m.
- We recommend submitting applications digitally, but paper applications will also be available at the County Administration Building, 9 E Jefferson St. Quincy, Florida 32353, weekdays from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Applications will not be received via regular or express mail.
- The Online Application is available on the County’s website through its COVID-19 portal and must be completed in its entirety to be considered for award.
- There is no application fee.
- Applications will be reviewed by third party reviewers using objective scoring criteria to recommend which grants are funded. The review process will take into consideration the following factors:
- Negative impacts from COVID-19, including declines in income and cash reserves.
- Total number of full-time and/or part-time employees that will be impacted by the grant award.
- Businesses that have applied and accepted/received, or are still waiting to receive, COVID-related grants or loans (i.e., Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), PA COVID-19 Working Capital Access (CWCA), or PA Unemployment Assistance (PUA).
- The County will be processing applications and awarding grants on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted or until November 28, 2020.
- Due to anticipated demand, there is no guarantee of funding even if all criteria are met. Awards are first qualified, first serve.
- Primary business address must be in Gadsden County as of January 1, 2020;
- Business established prior to October 1, 2019;
- Must have been impacted by COVID-19; and
- Temporary business closure or reduction of business operating hours;
- Lost revenues due to social distancing or other COVID 19 controls; or
- Forced to furlough employees
How can the funds be used?
Funds can be used to cover working capital costs necessary to maintaining a business during the COVID-19 disruption. The County will require applicants to outline what the award will be used for. Examples of usage include:
- Other operating expenses
What documents should I start to gather?
To prepare for the application release, interested applicants should begin to gather the following documents:
- State of Florida active business registration from the Florida Division of Corporation showing the business is registered in Gadsden County effective October 2019, still in business as of March 1, 2020.
- Copy of owner’s Driver’s License, state ID or passport
- Detailed Payroll Report as of March 1, 2020 (indicating number of employees, wages, 1099-MISC, full/partï¿½€ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½Âtime status)
- A completed and signed Wï¿½€ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½Â9 form. This form can be found at: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
Must also provide any one of the following documents:
- IRS FORM 941 (from 1Q20 or, if not completed, 4Q19)
- Florida Form RTï¿½€ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½Â6 (from 1Q20)
- FORM 944 (from 2019)
- W2 or 1099 (less than 3 employees)
- Sole Proprietor Employee Certification Statement
- Partnership Certification Statement
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact information in your question.